Alexandra House

Judicare is working with the Alexandra House on a project to provide coordinated and effective response to victims of domestic violence.  This partnership has resulted in many victims obtaining court orders that provide the protection and child support needed to maintain a life independent from their abusers.


courthouse clipart.jpg

Housing Clinic - The Anoka County Housing Clinic is a joint effort between Judicare of Anoka County, Inc. and Central Minnesota Legal Services.

Free walk-in legal advice for low-income tenants at the Anoka County Courthouse. 

If you are a low-income tenant living in Anoka County, you can get housing questions answered for free at the Anoka County Housing Clinic.

When can I talk to a lawyer?  8:30 am – 10:30 am on the second, third, fourth and fifth Mondays every month.

Where do I go?  Anoka County Courthouse, 325 East Main Street, Anoka, MN.  Go to the fourth floor on the Court side, use the elevator behind the security area.  The Housing Clinic will usually be near the far end of the hall.  Look for signs posted on the door.

What should I bring?  Bring all the documents that are important to your case.  For example:  court papers, notices from your landlord, rent receipts, proof of rent paid, inspection reports, copies of leases, and any other documentation that you would want a judge to consider.

The Anoka County Housing Clinic is for advice only, for problems like:



      Lease violations


      Repair problems

      Services issues

      Emergency problems

      Court eviction

Service is limited to advice and referrals.

If you need legal advice and a lawyer is not present at the clinic, call Judicare at 763-783-4970 or Central Minnesota Legal Services (CMLS) at 612-332-8151 to apply and complete an intake.